Being criticized is an experience we all have to pass through, though it causes shame, pain even to the extent of hating oneself.
As earlier stated, Criticism is an unpleasant experience we all have to be ready for and willing to accept, because the benefits we stand to derive from it is much more greater than its pain. Criticism brings about learning of new things even in the hard way. It could also be a way of letting you know that you are on the right track. More of these you deem to find as you read on.
Criticism could bring out grievance in you, if only, you are not good at handling it. We shall discuss the ways of handling it in our subsequent pos
The followings are the reasons people may criticize you.
- They feel insecure. Especially, when you are an obstacle to their goal.
- They are trying to bully or intimidate you so they can feel powerful.
- To defend their own actions by dragging you to join the failure’s list.
- They want to feel important and respected.
- To cover up their hurt feelings.
- They are trying to get your attention but they lack the required skill.
- They believe you can offer more, thereby trying to bring out the best in you.
- They are a narcissist and can’t handle your confronting them or not going along with them.
- They are setting limits on ful/inconsiderate behavior.
They want to be in charge.
Very good dear
Thanks Mosaic. Take time to subscribe to my subsequent posts