- Poor self-image.
- Reluctance to seek help or treatment.
- Being bullied or harassed.
- The belief that one situation can never be improved.
- Trouble finding place to live or work.
- Lack of compassion from loved ones.
Below are more of the reasons you should join the movement for anti-discrimination campaign:
- Encourage those with mental illness to talk openly about the disorder in a bid help others recognize mental illness and be equipped to avert harmful acts.
- Help those with mental illness to secure the best help and treatment.
- Reduce discrimination and hostility against people with mental health illness thereby giving us all a safer society.
Indeed, this is a call to act in support of those with mental illness. Won’t you be proud to join the movement to stop the stigma and giving patients a chance?
Some explanations were gotten from:
- The Scottish Association for Mental Health
- The Band Back Together project
Photocredit: HenryW / Telegraph